To make a tax-deductible gift to the “Hawkins 50th Anniversary” project:
- Mailing Address:
Delta Hands for Hope
Hawkins 50th Anniversary
PO Box 1157
Shaw, MS 38773
- Donate Online click HERE
Serve on a Committee
If you are interested in serving on one or more commemoration committees please contact us at 662-402-6882 or email us email@example.com.
- The Fundraising Committee connects with potential funders, ensures all parts of the project are funded, and compiles financial reports. To serve on this committee, contact Dr. Cora Jackson (Committee Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-588-6278.
- The Community Engagement Committee keeps the community involved and informed through social media, marketing, and public engagements. To serve on this committee, contact Ms. Chatambra Curry (Committee Chair) at email@example.com or 662-719-7684.
- The Community Renewal and Economic Growth Committee supports community and economic development by building relationships and partnerships that benefit the entire Shaw community. To serve on this committee, contact Rev. Leroy Woods, III (Committee Chair) at Leroy.firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-588-4792.
- The Historical Society Committee has both short-term and long-term commitments. Short-term is to have an produce and exhibit displaying the Shaw Civil Rights Movement, October 2 – 6, 2019. Long-term is to continue this work of collecting the history of Shaw and its citizens. To serve on this committee, contact Ms. Valerie Smith-Silas (Committee Chair) at email@example.com or 662-626-0748.
- The Commemoration Committee supports the overall planning of the Hawkins Commemoration event for October 3 – 5, 2019. To serve on this committee, contact Ms. Shirley Dixon (Committee Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-721-5838.
Share your Story
Do you have a story to tell? Where you or someone you know involved in the Shaw Civil Rights movement? Do you have pictures or mementos from the Civil Rights era? Were you a freedom rider, plaintiff, or an involved community member? If so, we want to hear from you. Fill out the form below and we will contact you.